Funding Spending when you get paid
There are two ways you can have your paychecks sent to your Spending balance when you get paid:
1) Set up direct deposit right in the Oportun app using our partner, Atomic¹.
2) Contact your employer, HR department, or payroll service and provide your Spending account and routing number, indicating that this is the bank account your paychecks should be sent to.
¹ Atomic is not affiliated with or endorsed by Pathward, N.A. or Visa®.
Setting up direct deposit in the Oportun app
1) Tap into Profile & settings (the person icon in the top left corner)
2) Under Funding & payment, select Direct deposit
3) Tap Quick setup
4) Search for your payroll provider and login
5) Next, specify how much of each paycheck should be sent to your Spending balance - this can be a set monetary amount or a percentage.
Set up direct deposit using your Spending account and routing numbers
To find those:
1) Under the Direct deposit section above, choose Set up with form and account info
2) Contact your employer, HR department, or payroll service and provide your account and routing number, indicating that this is the bank account your paychecks should be sent to.
3) You can also fill out this form with that information to pass along to your employer/HR/payroll service.
Where is my direct deposit?
It can take up to 2 paycheck cycles for your direct deposit to move over to your Spending balance after updating through your payroll provider.
If you're still seeing paychecks deposited to your old bank account after 2 pay cycles, please contact your employer / HR department to confirm your distribution is assigned to your Spending account and routing numbers.