How do I get reimbursed?
Let us know about the overdraft here
Use the link above to upload a screenshot showing the overdraft fee charged so our Support Team can verify the fees and get you covered.
Types of fees eligible to be reimbursed:
- Overdraft fee (OD) charged by your bank
- Non-sufficient Funds fee (NSF) charged by your bank
- Late fees charged by your biller or creditor
Types of transactions covered
After reviewing your request, Oportun will reimburse fee instances if they are caused by the following:
- Automatic goal save, Smart Deposit, manual goal save
- The monthly membership fee
- The optional $.99 instant withdrawal fee charged to your linked bank account, if you choose to use that feature.
Limits of fee reimbursement
- Number of reimbursement instances of NSF, OD, and late fees caused by membership fee or instant withdrawal fee is unlimited.
- Reimbursement of instances of NSF, OD and late fees caused by a goal save, Smart Deposit, or manual goal save is limited to a total of four (4) per calendar month.
- Late fee charged by your biller or creditor will be reimbursed only if your bill was due 2 days or less after one of the above transactions posted in your connected bank account and your available balance was not enough to cover your bill or payment immediately after the transaction.