We're really sorry this happened — the good news is it's really easy to get reimbursed. Here's how:
If our system can locate the overdraft fee, you'll automatically be reimbursed. If we can't locate the fee, you'll be asked to provide some basic information so our team can review and get you fixed up quickly.
A few important notes about overdraft reimbursements:
- We provide reimbursement for up to 2 separate instances of account overdraft.
- Reimbursement is provided only for overdrafts caused by Digit's auto-saving transactions, not for overdrafts resulting from manual transactions initiated by the user.
- To receive reimbursement, your Digit account must still be open and connected. However, if you're concerned about avoiding additional savings transfers, you may pause Digit.
Some useful features that may help with preventing overdrafts:
- Overdraft Prevention - sends funds from Digit back to your checking account if it drops below the amount you set
- Minimum - stops Digit from saving if your checking account balance falls below the amount that you set
- Max daily savings amount - sets a limit to how much Digit tries to save for a goal in one day
- Pause - Prevents Digit from creating new savings until unpaused (does not stop saves that are already queued up, or the monthly subscription fee).