What's going on?
Capital One has stopped communication between their accounts and many outside services (like Digit), meaning we aren't able to get updated checking information from them. Unfortunately, we do not have an estimate on when we will be able to communicate properly with Capital One again.
How does this affect me?
If you already have a Capital One account linked to Digit:
- You can still move your money back to your checking account at any time.
- Digit may still be saving for you, but the checking balance updates we are receiving may not be accurate
- The checking balance that Digit displays to you may be reported the same every day
- You may still be charged the monthly subscription fee if you leave your checking account linked
If you are trying to link a Capital One account to Digit:
- You'll receive an error message when trying to link your Capital One account
- Digit will not be able to connect with or save from your Capital One account
Do I need to do anything?
We'll continue to add updates to this article as we get them. Since there isn't a way to fix the connection problem right now, there isn't anything you need to do or change on your end.
If you have a linked Capital One account, you may see that your balance updates from Digit will begin to be reported accurately again.
If you have an account at a different bank that you'd like to link in the meantime, you can remove your Capital One account from Digit here.
If you want to avoid being charged the subscription fee, you can remove your checking account here. Or, reach out to our Support Team - we are more than happy to refund any months that Digit wasn't working as expected for you!