We'd love to continue saving towards the future with you, but know circumstances can change. You can easily close your investing account at any time.
If you'd like to temporarily stop saving towards investing, you can pause saving instead.
After you close your Digit investing account:
- Digit will stop saving for and investing into your IRA or portfolio
- Anything saved and invested will be automatically moved back to your checking account
- Invested funds returned to checking may be penalized by the IRS when you file your taxes
- Digit will send you a separate email with account statements and tax information for your records
- You will no longer be able to access investing tax or statement information within the Digit app or website
How to close your investing account:
1) Tap into your Digit investing account in the Digit app
2) In the upper right corner, tap Settings to bring up your account settings menu
3) Tap Manage Retirement/Investing Account
4) In the next menu, tap Close Account
5) You'll see a few more screens with important info on what to expect when you close. Digit will also tell you the balances of both your saved and invested funds, and when you should expect to see them back in checking.
6) If you'd like, let us know why you're closing your investing account - this helps us build out more useful features and changes for the future. Otherwise, tap Close Account to fully close your investing account.